For those who have tested with Family Tree DNA (FTDNA):
1) Log into your personal FTDNA page.  At the bluish/blackish navigation
bar at the top, point to "My Account" and left click "Beneficiary
Information." It asks for name, phone, and email.  You don't have to put
that.  You can put your name, phone and email on the "Name" line.  But
please, please, please, put "Any Azores Admin" on one of those lines.  Or
if you are in multiple projects (Azores, Madeira, Smith, and Jones, for
example), put "Any FTDNA Admin."  When there are new advances are made 50
or 75 years from now and an admin wants to upgrade your DNA, you have left
a legacy (and your permission) for them to do so.

2) If you are a proxy (managing) someone else's kit: Log into that person's
personal FTDNA page.  At the bluish/blackish navigation bar at the top,
point to "My Account" and left click "Contact Information."  In the last
name field, put (contact is ____) with your name in the blank.  Here's my
dad's page:
First Name: George
Last Name: Mello (contact is Cheri)
Here's what appears on other's matches:
George Mello (contact is Cheri)

When people email me, I don't get "You match me."  Match who?  In addition
to being an admin, I manage a few kits personally.  It's most likely one of
my parents on the Family Finder test, but I don't know which parent. Adding
in (contact ___) helps eliminate a lot of confusion!

FOR THOSE THINKING ABOUT DNA TESTING:
FTDNA said they would run a sale around Father's Day.  That is coming up on
Sunday (in America), so I'm expecting a sale to start very soon.  I don't
know what they are putting on sale.  They said some upgrades.  Hopefully
they will have new kit orders too.  Many times it's the same as what they
had on sale at Jamboree.  Those were Y-DNA 37 for $129, Full mtDNA Sequence
for $189, Family Finder for $189, and some combination kits (of the above).

If you have your ancestry back about 200 years on most of your lines,
please consider testing.  If you do a lot of collateral research
(collecting the siblings, children, grandchildren of your ancestors),
please consider testing. We have people in the DNA project who have a pai
incognito line or whose ancestors immigrated in the mid-1800s where not as
much info was obtained as in 1900 and later.  You could be the key to
overcoming their brick wall!

Cheri Mello
Family Tree DNA Administrator (volunteer)
Azores DNA project