Hi E.

The Y-67 test will only test your direct Male Line. It can only be taken by
men as woman have no Y-DNA.  The Family will identify snips back about 200
years These snips when compared with others who have taken the FF test will
identify a relationship. A good example is that John and Bill both take the
Y-DNA test. When the results come back their Y-DNA does not match, which
means that they have no common ancestor in their male lines.  They both take
the FF and the results could come back Identifying them as 4th cousins.

The family finder is helpful when trying to break through a brick wall or
that parents unknown.

The Family Tree DNA site has many resources on explaining DNA and the
various tests. This Link will take you there:

http://www.familytreedna.com/

Rick

Richard Francis Pimentel

Spring, TX