Leonard -

My (or rather, my cousins) Mendonca family also came from Graciosa.  She is
a direct descendant of Francisco Antonio di Mendonca and wife Florinda
Baptista  di Bettencourt who were the parents of Antonio Correia Mendonca
and also of Manoel Antonio de Mendonca who married Anna Joaquina Ortins
(they were the parents of Maria Perpetua da Santo Antonio who married
Antonio Correia Mendonca above)..

I also know that Francisco Mendonca was the son of Dmingos Jose di
Bettencourt and Maria Antonia who died before 1801.  Manoel Antonio di
Mendonca was the son of Antonio C. (Correia) de Mendonca and wife Maria.

They were all from Nossa Senhora da Luz, Santa Cruz, Graciosa.  Do any of
the above possibly look familiar to you?

Lee E, WV