Hi Maria,
Jose do Rego is my grand uncle. I have a lot of information regarding him.
Maybe i could help you find what you are looking for. Jose do Rego was born
in 1896, jan 25th. Here is the link :
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-AJUDABRETANHA-B-1890-1899/SMG-PD-AJUDABRETANHA-B-1890-1899_item1/P173.html
I have other information on the Do Rego's family ( last wedding i have is
30 jan 1715) Hope this helps