Jose A.M,

When the Genealogy Society of Utah (GSU as they were called back in the
day) negotiated the contract and went to the Azores, it was in the
mid-1980s.  They went to the archives to film.  The archives hold all
records except those for the last 100 years.  Those are held by the Civil
Registry.  So, in the 1980s, they could film up to about the 1880s, more or
less.  Some island got filmed up to the 1870s.  It depends on what books
were shipped from the Civil Registries and were cataloged by the archive at
the time of filming.

No contracts have been renegotiated by Family Search (as they are now
called) and the Azorean government. (to my knowledge).  But the records are
slowing coming on line up to about 1910 or so.  So we have to wait for the
Azorean government to bridge the gap between the 1870s/1880s time period
and 1910, or hire a researcher for those records.

Achada