Hi Freddy,

Maybe you got some private replies, but I know many people would love to have your luck in having some ancestors so well documented as to go back over a thousand years.

You already got some help with the Minho website. Just verify each record as you go, because it's full of bad assumptions as to parentage, especially in some of the oldest generations on Faial in Cedros and places where they have only baptisms, but no marriages to support them. Some lines are just wishful thinking.

John Raposo quoted some of your ancestry from the book by Forjaz and Mendes about the four islands in the Horta district. I don't know whether that has some additional links I haven't found myself. But much of that is also mentioned in an older nobility book about Faial families, called Familias Faialenses. That is available online these days - all in Portuguese, of course, but I believe you are fluent in that.

For the oldest generations beyond the Azores, turn to Felgueiras Gayo, a genealogist from the 1700s, if I recall. He wrote many volumes on the noble families of Portugal and you can get back to all the European royalty there. It might also be online.

But to answer your exact question, yes you have documented ancestral lines that go back to Guilherme da Silveira of Flanders (Willem van der Hagen). It comes from your Vilalobos line, that branches off to Marramaque and then to Willem vdH.

If you follow your Peixoto lines, you will find they get back to some Kings of Aragon.
On your Carvalho line, it goes back to more kings of Navarre, Leon and elsewhere.

I once wrote an article called Gateways to Royalty and I think I have some additional specifics:
www.dholmes.com/articles.html

That will occupy at least the next 6 months of your free time. :-)

Boa sorte.

Doug da Rocha Holmes
Sacramento, California
Pico & Terceira Genealogist