Pam,
The Father's surname is Cordeiro, however having Canto's index you omitted
to list the Mother's name which I find harder to read then the Father's.
 If her name is Marta then the father's name is Luiz.  If you can confirm
this then I will point you to Thereza's birth record in S. Jose.

Best,

Margaret Vicente

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Pam Santos <pamsanto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Below is the link to the 2nd page of her marriage and Manuel Tavares. I
> need to see if anyone can read her parents names? They are in Canto index
> but there is a ? mark next to the fathers first name. I have checked for
> the name in the Index and do not see a baptism in Sao Jose for Theresa.
>
> It is on left page  any help would be appreciated.
>

> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-SAOJOSE-C-1630-1701/SMG-PD-SAOJOSE-C-1630-1701_item1/P160.html

Margaret M Vicente