My two cents worth:
Never assume that the years nor the pages in a specific book are in order
unless they are numbered, usually top right.

From: gfsche...@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 19:13:41 -0800
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Possible discrespancy is Baptismmal Records -
Flamengos, Faial 1781-1804
To: azores@googlegroups.com

When I have a discrepancy, I check the Family History Library Catalog (FHLC) to
see what was filmed: http://goo.gl/HfRAvQ

It says that in Flamengos, for baptisms, they filmed 1661-1720, 1728-1804, and
1804-1892.  There's a gap between 1720-1728.

Joao C. Ventura confirmed they are out of order.  Sometimes when books were
rebound, the loose pages were put at the back of the book.

At least the vast majority of our pages are in order.  If you ever look at the
Cape Verdean film, they are all over the place.  You'd think that the book had
loose pages, they threw them up in the air and then filmed.  It is just a mess
for CV researches :(

The contact for the CCA is in the olive greenish navigation bar, where it says
"Contactos."  Click on that and it says the email is: drac.i...@azores.gov.pt

Achada