Love reading about someone else's quests and moments of accomplishment and
joy.  Thanks!

Evee

From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Maria Lima
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 10:32 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Where else to look for Moniz Machado
ancestors

Margaret- you are amazing!!!!!!! I am overjoyed.  I can't thank you enough.
This looks like the right couple.   It answers  a question I had:  on
Emilia's death certificate it said her maiden name was Machado and I had
wondered if her husband was Machado and she also was Machado-I  thought
maybe they were cousins. Now I see jacinto's name was Moniz not Machado and
that his bride,  Emilia was a Machado.  For some reason Domingo's always
signed as Moniz Machado whereas his brother Clem changed his name to
Marshall but used the middle initial M.  Their descendants use the name
Machado.  They're going to be surprised when they learn the paternal name
was Moniz..

I was just getting ready to turn in for tonight and then I  saw  yr email-
I'm just so thrilled.  I had to wake up my husband to give him this news!!
Kind of shout Hallelujah?!!!    They ARE HIS gr gr grandparents.  I didn't
find their names on ships manifest on Ancestry.   Did you find their
immigration info on the  CCA passports?   When I looked it skipped the year
1885.  I'd like to see that and copy it.  I've looked for so long and here
you found it.  (I feel sort of dumb that I didn't see it) but am so grateful
to you.

 Also, now you've given me the name of the other brother I needed to find.
I will research their births again this time knowing they should be in Sao
Jose for sure.    My mother in law had said there were 5 children born to
this couple 1 was a girl and I often wondered if I heard her right or if she
mistakenly told me that so I was beginning to  doubting myself.  Still, I
knew she was pretty smart lady, so I kept looking for the birth of Domingo's
in order to find the parents and then the children.  But you looked for the
parents -  Was I doing that wrong?

In the 1900 Census Domingo's said he immigrated in 1884- so he was off by a
year.

I'm so grateful to you Margaret.   Thanks for sending the link.