I have a book from 1930, *Portuguese-Hawaiian Memories *by J.F. Freitas.
On page 230 J. C. Pimentel from Honolulu is listed as follows: "Was born at
Honokaa, Hawaii; son of Jose da Costa Pimentel and Inscencia Pereira, both
of *Sao Miguel*.  Married to Claudina Silva of Hilo, Hawaii.  Resides at
1055-9th Avenue.  Was R.R. StationAgent at Kohala, Hawaii 4 years; came to
Honolulu and joined the police force, is at present connect with the Union
Trust Co. as Real Estate salesman.  Has 6 children: Joshep, Abel, Nancy,
Mary, Mabel and Violet. Is a member of Lusitana and Court Camoes. Sons
Joseph andAble are members of Lusitana."  The listings are suspect because
they are gathered by verbal discussions and many folks left their homes for
better lives and created them.  I am searching to see if there is a
connection to "pimenta".  This part of the family tree is blank from my
wife's granfather - John Alves Soares/Alice Pimenta (from Honolulu by way
of Hilo).  Hope this helps in your searching.