Diane,

It’s Manuel Ferreira and sua mulher (his wife)  Maria Theresa! Whoever
extracted the info took the sua as a surname!

Rosemarie

From: Diane Geoge
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:27 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Translation Help-Maria

Hi,

I located this record on CCA,
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/PIC-MD-SAOMATEUS-B-1748-1775/PIC-MD-SAOMATEUS-B-1748-1775_item1/P292.html.
 The record I am interested in is on the upper right side. I believe it is for
Maria, daughter of Manuel ? and Maria Teresa. The name that is causing
difficulty is that of the father. In the NEPS database for Madalena and for Sao
Mateus/Sao Caetano, he is listed as Manuel Ferreira Surra, but the last name
looks more like an abbreviated version of Silva or Silveira to me. The middle
name is also abbreviated and I am not sure if the abbreviation is for Ferreira
or Faria.

Any help would be appreciated.

Diane George