Joe:  I have Sousa Batata in my lines.  I am pretty sure that we are related.
Contact me at:  shir...@digitalpath.net
Shirley in CA
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joseph Costa
  To: azores@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2014 5:17 AM
  Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Sousa (Batata) Family

  Good morning everyone.

  My name is Joe Costa.  I live in Norfolk, MA.  I’m new to this group.  For a
number of years, like the rest of you, I have been researching my Azorean
genealogy.  I understand that some people on here may trace back to the Sousa
(Batata) family of Vila Franca.  Jose de Sousa (Batata) (1844-1914) was my 1st
great grandfather on my mom’s side.  Her maiden name was Souza.  I would love
to touch base with anyone who has more information on this family and to see
how we all tie together.  My tree (Costa/Murray Family) is on ancestry.com.
You can contact me there (user name: jwcosta1) or leave a posting for me here.

  Best,

  Joe

  --
  For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail