Jose Silveira da Rosa Abroa b. abt 1841 Fayal,Azores d.22 Jun 1899 Alameda
County, CA

( his father , Jose Silveira da Rosa Abroa (no dates or wife listed ) his uncle
Antonio Silveira da Rosa Abroa (no wife listed) lived in Dakota, now Union
City, CA)

(his grand parents listed as, Paternal, Manuel da Rosa & Maria Florinda,
Maternal , Antonio Ticeira & Caterina da San Jose

m . Mariana Silva Rodrigues b. abt 1845 Fayal, Azores d. 1911 Alameda County,
CA. ( she is on the 1900 census living with Adeline & John. Listed as a widow)
Note says she had 2 sisters Maria Jose Silva Rodrigues, never married. Clara
Florinda Silva Rodrigues Hendricks. She came to CA. (Aunts to Lena & brothers)

They had 4 children Jose, Jacinto, John, Lena . (Note says Jacinto died,
Flamingos, Fayal, when a child of yellow fever.) That is the only clue as to
the place where they lived.

When the family came to U.S.A. they changed the last name to BROWN and lived in
the Dakota, Niles region of Alameda County, CA

Lena changed her name to Adeline and she married John S. Silva (from Fayal).
(They are my great grandparents).

Lena/Adelines’s brother ,   Jose Silveira Rosa Abroa Brown b. 14 Mar 1866
Alameda County, CA d. 25 Oct 1935 Alameda County, CA

m.  1891 Amelia da Gloria Goulart b. 12 Aug 1872 Alameda County, CA d. 25 Jan
1949 Alameda County, CA They had 6 children born in Alameda County, CA 1. Mary
b. 03 Sept 1893 2. Emily b. 21 Oct 1894 3. Anna b. abt 1896 d. @ 6 mos .   4.
Peter b. 22 Jun 1899 d. 17 May 1946, 5. Lena b. 07 Jun 1914 6. Joseph b. 01 Apr
1907