I was just on the U of Michigan site, www.hathitrust.org, to look at the above
named book for some info. I put in the name Vieira just to do some checking and
a message came up that the book is being INDEXED!!! This is so great! The
message says that it is almost complete so keep checking the site in the
future. This book about families of Faial has many connections to families on
other of the Azores Islands. It is all in Portuguese but it is really not very
hard to follow the numbering system that is used. They use only letters for the
events N=Naceu=born, C=casou=married and M=morreu=died. To try and translate
the paragraphs written after the genealogy on a particular family, you will
have to use Google Translate or some other translating program.

Rosemarie