Repost for Maria Elena, since this the post is about genealogy software and
not the baptism of Joao:

Thank you for your idea about Legacy.  I feel pretty stupid for forgetting
one important thing - I have  a MAC BOOK PRO.  I had Legacy on the old
tower computer and loved it but computer died.  :(.

I think this is a new thread (?).

Maria Elena

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 9:06 AM, Cheri Mello <gfsche...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maria Elena said:
> << I'm thinking that I need to get a program in addition to the Family
> search Family Tree because I'm getting more and more names.  I'm LDS and
> like using the family tree because (like I learned from Cheri Mello) that
> program is in the "cloud"  so I can access it from anywhere.   But for
> everyday going bk and forth in researching, copying records and verifying,
> I think I may need another program. >>
>
> Maria Elena, since you now have a criteria for your genealogy program (you
> like it in the cloud and being able to access it from anywhere), look into
> RootsMagic.
>
> http://www.rootsmagic.com/
>
> The PAID version of RootsMagic (RM) has their "RootsMagic To-Go" feature.
> Their Web site says:
>
> <<Take RootsMagic with you wherever you go! RootsMagic To-Go allows you to
> copy the RootsMagic program and your data onto any simple USB flash drive
> or removable drive. Take the drive to a computer, plug it in, and run
> RootsMagic directly from it.>>
>
> It literally runs off your flash/USB/thumb/travel drive!  So you can
> always have your genealogy with you.
>
> In addition, RootsMagic has a section on their site about PAF users
> switching over.  They are one of the sponsors for the Azores Genealogy
> Conference, too.  Bruce Buzbee, owner, donated a full, paid copy of RM as a
> door prize!
>
> --
> Cheri Mello
> Listowner, Azores-Gen
> Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das
> Tainhas, Achada

Achada