Joseph, This is indeed difficult to read, but not impossible. Joam's name
is mentioned at the beginning " legitimate (abbrv) son of "Mathias" da
Costa native of this freguesia of Sam Miguel of Villa Franca do Campo
nasceo (was born) on the 4th day of the month of September 1751, and, was
baptized in this same church of Sam Miguel, matriz of the aforementioned
Villa, parish of his parents on the sixth day of the current month and year
by me, Maoel de Medeiros , Curate of this matriz. Godfather was Mathias de
Andrade, single, parishioner of this Matriz, and witnesses Pedro Corea, and
Miguel Pereyra, and for the record I dated this day, month and as above.