From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Cheri Mello
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:20 PM
To: Azores Genealogy
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Family Finder matches

Doug,

Contact me offlist.  My guess is that something's screwy with their dates.
I do have someone in the the project that joined 01/01/0001.  Which is
impossible.

Cheri

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 2:28 AM, <p...@dholmes.com> wrote:

Hi Cheri,

Well, that's a surprise about matches for me and not my parents, but sure
makes sense.

About the "new" matches, here is what I noticed and you can explain it any
way you want.

Starting from about last summer, I always made it a point to check in once
or more each month and every match to me was then assigned a "distant
cousin" connection or closer if I could figure it out.

Then this week I log in and found maybe 5 or so new connections and most
were dated at least a year ago. They just never appeared as my connections
until now.

I know it sounds strange, but am willing to bet some others are getting
this, too. They might not be paying attention to it, but it happened
probably to many. Same thing happened for my father's connections.

Doug da Rocha Holmes
Sacramento, California
Pico & Terceira Genealogist
916-550-1618