I just read in the latest issue of O Progresso (by the Portuguese Historical Society of Sacramento) about the new Bishop Myron Cotta.

Any chance that someone knows about his link to the Azores? It says his grandparents were immigrants and I assume they were from Terceira, since that's where most named Cotta are from (now spelled as Cota).

I would like to find my own link to his family, since I have lots of Cota ancestors from Terceira.

Obrigado,

Doug da Rocha Holmes
Sacramento, California
Terceira Genealogist
916-550-1618
Website: www.dholmes.com

--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---