Helen,

Just curious, where was your exposto Vieira from?

Nancy Jean

To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Still Looking for.Joseph Silva, Born 1830,
I believe Flores. Went to boston, then came to Australia in 1855.
From: his...@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 14:45:19 -0400

Cherri is right.  My grandfather was an esposto.  I had my brother YDNA 37in
2007 then to 67 in 2008. He had 22 matches in  YDNA67, one as close as a
distance of 2. NO GEDCOMS. I wrote to the closest with the name of Roque. She
was from Porto Rico if I remember correctly. She told me none of her ancestors
had ever been to the Azores and she wouldn't share her tree.  (Strike out )
Only 1 other had a Portuguese name. The rest are English or Irish.  I couldn't
find a connection with the 3 who posted their GEDCOM's . I have had my brother
tested for everthing including 111 markers, in the hope someday we will have a
definite match. and so I'll keep waiting. I would really like to know what my
real name should be. Someone said the priest named the child. My Grandfather's
name was Manoel Rodrigues Vieira.  Did the Priest know something??

Helen S