Have you done the Family Finder test and have a GEDCOM up?  Or, do you have
a tree on Ancestry?  I have made 2 Family Finder connections on Pico and
they both go back to Catarina Andrade and Francisco Vieira( b 5 Feb 1664)
from Candelaria.  Since you mentioned Rodrigues and Tavares, we may share
this line.

Let me now if anything looks familiar.  Diane

Catarina Andrade Candelaria - Francisco Vieira b 5 Feb 1664 Candelaria

Leonarda Andrade d 12 Apr 1787 - Joao Goncalves b 26 Nov 1687 Madalena

Madalena Dndrade b 22 Jul 1728 d 11 Jun 1806 Madalena -
     Manuel Silveira Tavares b 23 Jun 1717 d 1 Oct 1795 Madalena

Tomasia Andrade b 7 Sep 1753 d 24 Aug 1829 Madalena -
     Francisco Rodrigues Luis b 1749 d 1788 Madalena

Manuel Rodrigues Luis Tavares b 13 May 1779 d 5 Jan 1852 Criacao Velha -
     Maria Jacintha

Francisco Rodrigues Tavares b 25 Jun 1822 d, 29 Oct 1915 Criacao Velha
     Maria Jacinta b 15 Dec 1826 d 7 Jul 1915 Criacoa Velha

Basilio Rogers b 14 Jun 1865 Pico d 4 Feb 1901 Newcastle, California
     Julia Noia b 25 May 1877 Santa Cruz, Flores d 27 Feb 1965 Sacramento,
               California