do you know what page book 2 starts?

thank you

carmen

________________________________
 From: Pam Santos <pamsanto...@gmail.com>
To: "azores@googlegroups.com" <azores@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:44 AM
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel on-line records

Yes the index does in book 2 does 1885-1910

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 2:35 AM, 'carmen furtado' via Azores Genealogy
<azores@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Baptismos, Casamentos e Óbitos (1850-1899)
>
>does this index have baptisms for the years 1892 to 1894?
>
>thank you
>
>carmen

myself with many of the past postings. In March, Joao Ventura posted a source
for the records of Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel. I visited the website and found
that most of the original records were early 20thcentury.  However, I did find
a great source there for
the mid to late 19thcentury in the “Livros de Indices”. From family
records, we know that my husband’s grandmother, Aldina de Jesus Raposo, was
baptized
in Nossa Senhora da Estrela in 1883. I was able to find her in the index with
her dates of birth and baptism given in NUMBERS, not words. Be careful, however,
since these are according to the “European” system, day-month- year, 17-9-883.

>>Arquivo Digital
>>http://arquivodigital.uac.pt/ yii/arquivodigital/index.php?
>>r=site/page&view=arg#
>>Arquivo da Igreja Matriz da Ribeira Grande
>>Livros de Índices
>>Baptismos Livro 1 (1860-1884) | Baptismos Livro 2
(1885-1910) | Casamentos (1850-1910)  |
Óbitos | Baptismos, Casamentos e Óbitos (1850-1899)

>>This is my experience so far in using these records:
>>
>>Baptimsmos Livro 1 (1860-1884)
>>Beginning in image 3, first name of child, dates of birth
and baptism, father, mother, paternal grandparents, maternal grandparents.
Indexed
by first name of child, then by first name of father, then by “last” name of
father.  If either of the parents were
natives of another freguesia or parish, it was listed.

>>For example, here is how the fathers for children named “Manuel”are
indexed:
>>Jose Raposo
>>  “        “          n.
Povoacao
>>Jose Raposo
>>  “        “
>>  “        “         Abelho  n. Rabo de Peixe
>>  “        “              “
>>Fortunately, I knew the name of the mother and
grandparents from the record of my husband’s grandmother, Aldina or Adelina
(indexed under both names.) The 4thlisted record was her brother,
Manuel, since their mother was Rosa de Jesus (n. Ribeirinho).  I also was able
to find the record of her
other known brother, Tomaz, plus three other hitherto unknown siblings, Jose,
Maria and Marianno.

>>Casamentos (1850-1910)
>>Groom, bride, witnesses and date
>>The first records are of the early 20thcentury. You have to skip ahead in the
>>images to find the earlier ones.  These names are alphabetized by groom’s
>>first
name and then “last” name. For example:

>>Jose Raposo       n.
da Conceicao
>>Jose Raposo       n.
da Conceicao
>>Jose Raposo Abelho       n.
Rabo de Peixe
>>Jose Raposo de Couto   n.
da Conceicao
>>Jose Raposo de Medeiros
>>Jose Raposo Pacheco     n.
Maia
>>Jose Raposo Pereira       n.
Nordestinho

>>Probably because Rosa de Jesus was a native of
Ribeirinho, I didn’t find their marriage. I haven’t delved into the Obitos or
combined indexes yet.

>>Hope this helps others and would appreciate hearing other
useful tips for these records.