Thanks Cheri and João. Cheri for the reminder, and João for the chuckle! You
devil you.

JoElayne Ferre' Johnson

________________________________
 From: João Ventura <j...@venturas.org>
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Cc: Azores Genealogy <Azores@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2014 1:26 AM
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Description of this group

Cheri,

Thanks for the post. It helps to keep the herd in line from time to time :)

However, the devil in me can't avoid the following:

1. Dog's name: Bobi
2. Portuguese rock band: Xutos & Pontapés
3. Portuguese flag colors: they were the colours of the Portuguese Republican
Party (as in the ones trying to make Portugal into a Republic in 1910..)
4. No. There's no such thing. Children's beauty pageants are simply an alien
concept to us. And a reality TV focused on a child would probably be illegal.
We do have Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother. Unfortunately they're popular.

Feel free to delete this post.. I kind of expect that you should.

João Ventura
http://tombo.pt/en

On Friday, 16 May 2014 04:45:39 UTC+2, Cheri Mello  wrote:
In case people don't see this when they sign up, or it's been awhile since
they've seen the purpose of this group:

>Welcome! This mailing list is for researching genealogy in the Azores. We
discuss genealogy, culture, history, DNA, books, and anything else that
helps with genealogy. This is a fairly busy list, averaging from 15 to
20 messages a day.