Simao Velho widow of Maria Manoel barried in the church of N. Senhora da
Purificacao where parishioner and natural of Santa Barbara and
dis-obligated in this same church and Maria de Almada natural of the Matriz
church of N. S. da Purificacao and our parishioner, daughter of Manuel
Gomes and of Maria de Matos.

At this time period they omitted entering deceased wife/husband and to
rename the parents.  But as the church began to develop their registry's
they realized how incomplete that was then the progressively added the
parents and deceased person's name.

hope this helps clarify...as I said the priest didn't keep a straight line,
not of clear thought..making it difficult to follow.

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 8:39 AM, Maria Lima <maria.lima...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Margaret, is Maria Almada the mother of this Simao Velho (wife of Mamoel
> Gomes?).
> Or is Maria Almada the first wife?
>
> Even after you told me,  I'm trying to figure out if it's the deceased
> wife or the new bride.
> The writing is confusing.  Ugh!
>
> Thank you for your patience with me.
>
> Maria Elena
>
> On May 18, 2014, at 7:13 AM, Margaret Vicente <margaretvice...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> indeed some confused writing but it's not Guimar's it's Maria de Almada
> who is natural from the Matriz and parishioner of this curch.
>

> On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 11:45 PM, Maria Lima <maria.lima...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On RIGHT HAND PAGE.   (I wish it were the left one because that one is
>> pbeeeutiful! Enough to send to Cheri)
>>
>> I'm looking to find out if the wife is Guimar Gomez.  The groom is SIMAO
>> Velho, widowed of Maria Manoel(??) and after that I am lost.  I'm trying to
>> find the name Guimar  and I do not see it.  I see "filho of Manoel Gomez
>> and I think somewhere before that it must have given name of the bride  but
>> I don't see it.   Maybe the priest meant to write "Filha de Manoel. Gomez
>> and Maria de Mattos(?)
>>
>> The first wife is buried in NS de Purificacao but I lose it after that.  O
>>
>> I'm sorry to always ask for help, I don't know how I could do this
>> without all the help I receive from you on the list.
>>

>> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMA-VP-SANTOESPIRITO-C-1708-1730/SMA-VP-SANTOESPIRITO-C-1708-1730_item1/P10.html
>>

>> Maria Elena
>>
>> --
>> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
>> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the
>> membership."
>> ---
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.