Good Morning,

I don't have any information on a specific Monte family but I will
translate information  according to the encyclopedia Familias Nobres Suas
Origens E Suas Armas written  in 1961 by Antonio Machado de Faria, which
contains all the noble families in Portugal and their coat of arms.
Regarding the surname Monte it states "Surname of geographical origin,
ancient not all families who use it have the same origin. The coat of arms
attributed to this family belong to the Monte family of Rome and Venice" I
will summarize the rest because it doesn't translate well, the author goes
on to say that the surname has also been generated in Portugal as well, and
those lines aren't related to the aforementioned ones.

Antonio