Mel,

I have António Correia and Bárbara de Almeida as the parents of Manuel Correia
married to Antónia dos Reis. They married 11.1.1722 Achada. I have them back
four or five generations… I think I havei t posted on my web page…

De: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] Em nome de
IslandRoutes
Enviada: domingo, 8 de Junho de 2014 03:47
Para: azores@googlegroups.com
Assunto: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Anyone researching Antonio do Monte/Agada
Rapozo Achada/Nordestinho?

To all,
Thanks!  But, Dan should get part of the credit.  He was the one who noticed
that I had married off Miguel do Monte, the son, to his step mother (oops!)
I know that I am my own cousin a couple of times, but this would be just a
little too close.  LOL

JR-that gap in the Achada records is problematic.  It's possible they married
in a different village, but not having those 2-3 years to compare to is
frustrating.  I think we can safely put it somewhere around 1755.

Eliseu,
Thanks for the definition of Mancebo.  I didn't know about the definition
pertaining to eligibility for military service.  I saw it with another of my
families where the father and son were still alive.

I was curious if in your search in Cantos index if you came across the Antonio
do Monte who also had a son Miguel do Monte in Achada who started this whole
conversation?  It's interesting that they are so widespread.  I need to look
through some of the work in later years.  Besides Miguel do Monte, the father
and the son, and this Antonio do Monte, I did not come across the surname
otherwise.

And, now to confuse this whole mess.  I realized last night as I was piecing
all the families together that  Antonio dos Reis, daughter of Miguel do Monte I
and Maria da Costa, married Manoel Correia.  I would like to verify that
Antonio Correia was the son of Antonio Correia and Barbara de Almeyda.  Is that
what others have?  If so, he is the brother of my ancestor, Estavao Correia (m.
Anna de Mello)  I have some of the other siblings of the Correia family if
anyone is interested.

Mel