Both António and his wife are related to me: Maria is my 1st cousin 6 times
removed and her husband is also a first cousin 6 times removed. Those lines go
back much further. Unfortunately, though, the S. António marriages records go
back no further than 1699, with many gaps (1674-1698; 1719-1728). After that we
have the "Extracts" from Ernesto do Canto going back (1607-1673). Miguel Soares
da Silva has filled in many gaps with his Reconstituição das Famílias de Santo
António até 1750. He has also published an index of all available marriage
records before 1910. After that Carlos Machado and Rodrigo Rodrigues can be
very helpful in bridging back further. Carlos Machado can be accessed on the
culturacores site. Miguel Soares da Silva's research is available in 2-3
reference rooms in libraries in southeastern Massachusetts. Also, his compiled
index of Santo António marriages 1607-1910 might still be available from
Revista Insulana, published by the
 Instituto Cultural de Ponta Delgada.

These lines eventually connect Rui Vaz de Medeiros and to the Camelo
Pereiras/Chichorro lines and thus back to Afonso III.

I hope this helps.

John Miranda Raposo

On Monday, June 9, 2014 7:36 PM, 'Altino Demelo' via Azores Genealogy