On the 25th day of the month of Abril of the year 1898, in this Parish
Church Headquarter of the Villa de Santa Cruz, council of the same name,
island of Graciosa, diocese of Angra, in my presence appeared the residents
José dos Reys, and Maria Emilia, of which I know to be the same, with a
marriage charter in the current style, and without any canonical or civil
impediments to the marriage; he with 51 years of age, widower of Marianna
Rosa, deceased in this parish on the 22 of January of the present year,
worker, legitimate son of Francisco dos Reys Corrêa and Rosa Joaquina, both
deceased; she with 49 years of age, single, domestic profession, legitimate
daughter of Manoel José Corrêa and Maria Margarida, both deceased, all
natives of this parish where they were baptized and reside,   were received
as husband and wife and joined in matrimony proceeding this act and
according to the rites of the Holy Apostolic Roman Catholic Mother Church.
Present witnesses whom I know to be the same were Francisco Corrêa da
Silva, widower, proprietor, and Agostinho de Souza e Mello, married,
farmer, both residents in the place called Frutes of this parish.  And to
account for it I have drawn up this record in duplicate in this place,
which after being read and checked with the spouses and witnesses, will be
signed with me, and not signed by the spouses for reasons that they can’t
write.