Shirley,
I like the succinct manner you reported in this baptism.
Everyone could learn from this. I also like the way Margaret Vicente
reports some of the nuances only a native understands.
Tish Meals

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 4:38 PM, Shirley Allegre <shir...@digitalpath.net>
wrote:

>  Sam:  This is how I read it:
>
> Maria
> (Joam Soares Figueire X Francisca Jacintha)
> natives this parochial, residents Norte _______.
> PATERNAL
> Jose Soares X DONA Isabel de Conceipcam
> natives this parochial
> MATERNAL
> Antonio de Rezendes Paiva, native Apostle San Pedro, this island
>     X Antonio de Sam Jose, native this same freguesia
> BORN 14 February 1806
> baptised 20 same month.
> GODFATHER  Jose Francisco de Rezendes, married
> GODMOTHER  Francisca Jacintha, daughter of the family of Bernardo Soares,
> resident Norte Foram.
> TESTIMONY
> Jose Francisco de Morais & Mauricio Jose Figueirido
>
> Hope this helps.          Shirley in CA

sfig
Researching
Island: Santa Maria