The place called Monte, where I grew up, consists of Monte de Baixo and
Monte de Cima, the town sits between two hills, the lower and the higher
hill.  I belongs to Candelaria even though it's closer to Criacao Velha.
 In Monte there are places called Pocinho, Calhau and Mingato.

Who has family from Monte de Cima?  I would be interested as my maternal
grandfather's mother's family is from Monte and I grew up there.

Thank you

Manny