These are my ancestors and my records reflect the following:

Sebastião de Melo, baptized in Dec 1686 in N. Sra. da Purificação, Santa Maria,
son of Manuel de Melo Viegas and Isabel Velho, married in Santa Cruz on 10 May
1721 to Maria Rocha, daughter of Manuel Martins and Maria Rocha (m. S.C.14 Oct
1697) paternal granddaughter of João Delgado and Catarina Martins of Água de
Pau and maternal granddaughter of Francisco Luiz and Maria da Rocha.(m. S. C.
3-3-1667)

Francisco Luiz is the son of Amador Luiz and Ana Furtado (m. S.C. 24 Dec 1639),
paternal grandson of António Rodrigues and Maria Luiz of Santa Cruz, maternal
grandson of Sebastião Curvelo and Cataina Dias of Vila Franca do Campo.
Sebastião Curvelo might be the son of Pedro Curvelo  ( d. after 4 Oct 1645) and
Maria Vultoa, both of VFC, and paternal grandson of Baltazar Curvelo o Gago and
Inês de Fontes of S. Maria. These lines fo back further in Frutuoso and Rodrigo
Rodrigues.

Maria Rocha (wife of Francisco Luiz) is the daughter of Matias Lopes and
Bárbara da Rocha of Santa Cruz.

I hope this helps.

John Miranda Raposo

On Wednesday, October 8, 2014 12:06 AM, Fred Estrella <festrella...@gmail.com>