Eliseu, Margaret, Doug

 Thank you all who have responded.  I was up late and kind of half asleep and gave you the wrong birth date for my great grandmother. Maria's birth date was actually 27 Aug 1862 not 27 May.   Her parents married on 11 April 1836 in Agua de Pau

The Dos Santos name  goes back several generations in Agua de Pau until marriages with the Fagundes and  Borges ou Naborges which is a family also related to Margaret. I have that history.

  I will keep searching. I checked Lagoa too.  By the way she was a seamstress a "costureira" working in a home when she got pregnant.  The child was my g grandfather Inacio b. 22 Nov 1883 and he was raised by the Ventura family and raised with the Ventura surname. Later on in life he was known as Ignacio Ventura and also as Jose Ignacio Ventura.  The godparents were Joao do Rego Vital and Maria D'Andrade "viuva" widow.and both according to his baptism record appear to be from Sao Pedro PD, because they were known by the priest who was in parish of  Sao Pedro P.D.  By the way he married on 1 July 1908 in Rosto do Cao.

It is possible she didn't die immediately, but I would think she would have raised him herself if she hadn't

Herb