Hello All:

A few months ago I sent PGHS an email inquiring about how I can find out
which plantation my paternal great grandparents and their families were
sent to after their arrrival on 1 Dec 1906. I have yet to hear from them
and was wondering if anyone else experienced this same problem. My wife and
I are planning to go to Hawaii in February 2015 and I thought it would be
nice to see the town(s) where the plantations were located. In 1910 (US
Census) the Gomes family were living in Hamakua, Hawaii, Hawaii Territory,
and in 1920 in Kahului, Maui, Hawaii Territory. The Silva family, in 1910
were living in  Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii Territory, before moving to the
mainland in 1913.

Paul G.