I have two books written by Maria Norberta Amorim for Lajes, I believe she
also is the author for the Prainha and Santo Amaro books. I like these
books because the cover every household in the Village and the order is set
up in the order that the houses were located in 1883 many of those houses
are still there in that same order. That is still how my parents talk about
their village when they meet someone from there they  sit down to have a
good talk they start at the beginning of the Village and discuss each house
in the order it is located. These books have quite a bit of information on
my ancestors such as specific information on  the property they owned and I
really get a sense of which lines had it difficult and which ones were
better off. It also contains genealogical information, immigration
information, and much more but they are expensive, large and heavy books.

Antonio Faria