I'm trying to sort through this marriage record of Joao do Rego, possibly  it's my Joao do Rego Alves married to Maria da Assuncao 17 Sep 1774, Ribeira Seca.  Parents of bride  were Joao da Costa Pereira and looks like Rosa Bothelho??? I'm thinking it is Botelho but difficult to make this one out. .I'm trying to establish a connection with this line for my gg father born 1872 in Ribeira Grande.  Increasingly it is starting to become apparent that he was eventually  raised by a Rego Alves family about 100 years later.  I'm just trying to put all the families together, which is never easy. This Rego Alves line is everywhere in my father'sancestryand eventually links up to my father's grandmother, whom his grandfather married in Matriz Ribeira Grande on 1 Feb 1892.  So is it Botelho? If it is, then  these  Botelhos go back to Vila do Porto, Santa Maria and it will  be a challenge to find them for sure.

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-RG-RIBEIRASECA-C-1756-1797/SMG-RG-RIBEIRASECA-C-1756-1797_item1/SMG-RG-RIBEIRASECA-C-1756-1797_JPG/SMG-RG-RIBEIRASECA-C-1756-1797_0105.jpg

Thanks, Herb

--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---