Repost for J.E. de Moraes   j.e.demoraes at gmail.com
(NOTE to J.E.:  You are answering posts that are years old.  I have to
restart them for you.  There's one with photos.  GoogleGroups settings
won't allow me to download and repost photos.  You have to start a new
email with those photos.  Just start a  new email and address it to
Azores@googlegroups.com, a descriptive subject line, and then your
message.  Sincerely, Cheri Mello, Listowner)

Hello, I found this group while searching the SS Homeland and immigration,
my father was on that ship 22nd march 1954 and landed in Halifax.

My father was Antonio AC de Moraes and his family was from Ponta Delgada
and prior to that from Terceira.

My Father did some research in the Azores back in the 1990's and via church
records traced our family back to Antonio Dias Toste, born 1644 in S. Pedro
da Ribeirinha, going forward from him to my grandfather, son of the son;

Manoel Martinz de Azevedo (1667-1705 S. Pedro da Ribeirinha),

Manoel Martinz de Azevedo Jr (born 1690 S. Pedro da Ribeirinha)

Then the name changes to de Moraes with his son,

Fransisco Muchado de Moraes (born 1728 Angra do Heroismo)

Joze Matheus de Moraes (born 1760 Angra do Heroismo)

Manoel Joaquim de Moraes (1788 - 1851 Angra do Heroismo)

Joao Antonio de Moraes (1822 - 1906 Angra do Heroismo)

Antonio Augusto de Moraes (1843 - 1919 Angra do Heroismo)

Antonio Augusto de Moraes Jr (born 1870 Angra do Heroismo - died 1944 Ponta
Delgada)

Alcino de Moraes (1899 - 1958 Ponta Delgada).