Saint Bonaventure was formally canonised in 1484 by the Franciscan Pope
Sixtus IV, and ranked along with Thomas Aquinas as the greatest of the
Doctors of the Church by another Franciscan, Pope Sixtus V, in 1587.
Bonaventure was regarded as one of the greatest philosophers of the Middle
Ages

Bonaventure's feast day  was at first celebrated on the second Sunday in
July, but was moved in 1568 to 14 July.

My relative. Ventura Noya, was baptised as Boaventura on a 14 July.

Eric Edgar