Annie,

<goog_1706169424>
http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/FLR-SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1881-1886/FLR-SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1881-1886_item1/P153.html

This link shows baptism record of Jose Carvalho from 26 Dec 1884 in Santa
Cruz
.
It states his father is Antonio Joaquim de Carvalho  a native of _____? de
Ajuda, Sao Miguel. It doesn't look like Fenais de Ajuda, might be Senhora
de Ajuda

paterno is Jacinto Joaquim de Carvalho

The Carvalho family I worked on in the past is not from Flores after all ,
but Sao Jorge
<http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/FLR-SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1881-1886/FLR-SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1881-1886_item1/P153.html>

Eric Edgar