I finally found the birth record of Barbara do Sacramento, wife of
Francisco Gomez Xapado and now I have another "mystery"/conundrum:

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-RG-RABODEPEIXE-B-1738-1748/SMG-RG-RABODEPEIXE-B-1738-1748_item1/P76.html

I see Barbara filha de Vicente de Souza (natural of Bretanha - new info)
and Antonia Tavares (natural of Bom Jesus, Rabo de Peixe).
Born 19th of September 1731 (I question the year because the others on the
page are clearly 1741 (but hers clearly says trinta e hum - 1731)  I think
someone had too much wine celebrating.
She is the first child I've found for them so far.  Also, at the time of
Barbara's marriage in 1770 (Immage 104, RS - Rabo de Peixe) her father was
absent at the time - off on a whaling ship??  Who knows; first time I've
had a record with the father being absent - know it happened quite a lot
though.

I'm wondering if anyone has this family in their database, etc.

My mystery problem is that I cannot find a marriage record for Vicente and
Antonia in Rabo de Peixe.  I also tried looking in Bretanha; thinking maybe
she was living there at the time; but no such luck.

Any/all help appreciated.

Lee
Oak Hill WV