Hi Mary,
I am not sure if there is any sort of connection, but I thought I would share
the info I have in my tree.
I have a Matias F. Evangelho married to a Domingas Pereira. I do not have birth
or death dates for either.
They had a daughter,  Beatriz Maciel, who died in 1712. She was married to
Manuel da Costa Goulart Gigante. He was born in 1683.  He died 5 February 1731
in Sao Mateus, Pico.  I am wondering if they had other children and that one of
them might have been Domingos Pereira Evangelho, the name you mentioned in your
query.
Have you had your DNA tested?  We might discover if we are a match that way.
Please keep me in mind if you find any information and I will do the same.
Best, Deblooking4roots at yahoo dot com When I searched for ancestors, I found
friends!

     On Sunday, May 17, 2015 2:21 PM, goodwnos via Azores Genealogy