> I had no idea which island or village she is from.  I only knew the Azores
> from her marriage document.  I just looked through every passport for the
> year 1884 because I was fairly sure that is when she immigrated.  This was
> the only Anna de Gloria I found that year that was the right age.  It's at
> least a starting place.  can you tell me what her profession is?  It looks
> like they wrote gen dom, some kind of domestic maybe?  It also looks like
> she traveled alone.  I've seen entries that are families and this does not
> look like those.  There were notes in the Observances column, but it looks
> like they were for the person above her.  Her destination seems to be USA
> and there is a small CA three could that be California?.  Finally, the
> ships name almost looks like "Veronica" which can't be right.

I just this past couple years have been brave enough to try research over
seas.  I had good results with Sweden and am really just beginning
Portugal.  I like doing it myself, it's like a puzzle as I found with
Sweden, it takes a bit of guidance to comprehend the records and get use to
the format.  Thanks for any help you can provide.