The family member or person taking the test is the name that you use. If
you are the one managing the kit, you can do this:
First name: Adam
Last name: Silva (c/o Barb) (or contact is Barb or something like that).

Then the matches will see:
Adam Silva (c/o Barb).

And 50 years from now, the admins will know that kit ###### has DNA from
Adam Silva. And if there is a new test available and it's Adam's tree, the
can order an upgrade on his test, provided that the beneficiary information
is filled out (I suggest putting your name and then Any FTDNA Admin) for
future purposes. It's like leaving a legacy.

Cheri

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 2:40 PM, 'abbykats' via Azores Genealogy <
azores@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Cheri,
> So if we ordered from you a new Y-dna kit and it is for a new family
> member, do we place that family members name on the Y-dna kit?
>
> Barb
>

>   On Friday, June 12, 2015 12:11 PM, Cheri Mello <gfsche...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> Just a reminder that Family Tree DNA (FTDNA) had a show special last
> weekend. Their codes are still good through Sunday, June 21st.
> New Customers:
> New Y-DNA kits are $30 off. New Family Finder orders are $10 off.
> Current Customers:
> Take 15% off any test you are adding on. So if you have not tested Family
> Finder yet, it's closer to $15 off.
>
> As more and more people test, we we start to get better matches. I'm
> starting to see more people get over 100 cMs. That's good because it's much
> easier to work those matches.
>
> And if you think your tree is done and you have nothing to contribute by
> testing your DNA, yes you do! You could have the key to someone's brickwall.
>
> Email me for the codes. Kalani has them too.
> Cheri Mello
> Family Tree DNA Admin (volunteer)
> Azores DNA project
>
>  --