I was in Sapulpa, Oklahoma on the 1940 census living with Aunt Birdie
Hughes and Olga Hughes, my grandmother.  In 1935 Los Angeles I must still
have been with Velma and Joe Hughes.

In trying to find out why they were in Arizona in 1935 I contacted a person
who collected playbills from Phoenix.  She was kind enough to look through
them and there was no mention of Joe Hughes on any of them.  They were both
trying to get into acting in the early 30's.

Dave