There seem to be certain churches that are a center of Exposto baptisms (
Lomba, Flores in my records) and that they tend to do large batches of
them.

In a Luz,  Graciosa book, there were almost 60 in a row, with ages from a
week to 4 years old.

Sometimes the parent  who is raising them is named in the document, but
often not. In the case the parents are named, often padrinhos are named
too. That could track the correct Alexandre from it's use on his marriage
record.

Naming is likely the priest's choice

Eric