Hi CHeri,

I'm already a member of the Azores DNA project and when I logged on I did
not find any form requesting info. If I click on "join" the prompt says I'm
already a member. Maybe I'm overlooking the obvious but your help would be
appreciated.

My ancestors are from Maia, Achada, Nordeste, to name a few locations and
my line goes back to 1500s.

MaryAnn Santos

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 1:28 PM, Cheri Mello <gfsche...@gmail.com> wrote:

> (cross posted to Azores and IslandRoutes lists)
>
> I have enabled a setting on Family Tree DNA where you have to fill out a
> little form telling us admins why you want to join the Azores DNA project.
>
> I'm doing this because of the number of people joining the Azores project
> who have no Azorean or Portuguese roots. Why do they join then? Some are
> just confused. They match someone who is mixed (say Azoresn, German,
> British Isles, and Martian) so even though they are, say, 100% Martian,
> they join the Azores, German, and British projects too because their match
> is of the same ancestry. And some people join just because they want to. No
> known ancestry to the Azores. I get to spend time explaining to them that
> the projects don't work that way.
>
> So if you have tested with FTDNA or will test with FTDNA and are a member
> of this list, you don't need to go into great detail when you fill out the
> join request. You can say something such as "My ancestors are from Topo,
> Sao Jorge." Or "My surname (or ancestor's surname) is Tavares and I'm still
> trying to find my island (or freguesia)." Or if I (or the other admins)
> know you and we've been emailing you and told you to join, then say
> "Cheri/Rick/Nancy Jean/Kalani (whoever), It's me, Marty Martian, and here I
> am!" We'll let you in.
>
> Thanks for understanding,
> Cheri Mello
> Family Tree DNA Administrator (volunteer)
> Azores DNA Project
>

> --
> Cheri Mello
> Listowner, Azores-Gen
> Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das
> Tainhas, Achada

*MaryAnn Santos*
Senior Advisement and Student Affairs Administrator
Department of Art and Art Professions
NYU/Steinhardt
212.998.5702
m...@nyu.edu