Angela,

The obit describes a legal will and testament registered by the solicitor
at law (Tabiliao) on the 12th day of Sep 1828 confirmed/approved by the
Judge & Doctor (something like Geraldo? Jose de Almeida Goncalves Cabral
and opened by said Solicitor Jose de Sousa and it goes on to outline how it
was to be distributed with a 1/3 going to his daughter, and in first place
to his son  Antonio was to be the executor with his son in law second etc..

Looking at this priest's writing I see the surname as Laura.  Perhaps it is
Loura but not how he's writing his O's and A's.

I'm away and unable to translate it in detail but at least you have the
gist of it.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Ângela Loura <angelalo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> My great-grandmother did the same.
> But still, i can't read the document, i don't know what it says besides
> "testamento feito".

>> You may be misinterpreting the term "testamento." For the purpose of this
>> record, the "testament" is not a "will," but requests and offerings for the
>> priests of the parish to say prayers, such as litanies, masses, communions,
>> and other services, for the repose of his soul, and, deceased members of
>> his family, notably, his wife and children. Remember, this is a "religious"
>> document - not a state legal document bequeathing money, property, or title
>> to his survivors.
>>

>> On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 11:51:25 AM UTC-4, Ângela Loura wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi again.
>>>
>>> I'm trying to read the top right death record for Joam Ignacio de Loura.
>>>

>>> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMA-VP-SANTOESPIRITO-O-1820-1835/SMA-VP-SANTOESPIRITO-O-1820-1835_item1/P71.html
>>>

>>> I know that at some point it talks about his 'testamento', so i'm
>>> curious...
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>> --
>> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
>> membership."
>> ---
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Margaret M Vicente