Joaquin,
Its fun to get a hit like that! I've done it a few times myself.  As for
your extended Mendonca family, you haven't posted any info that would help
identify which specific Mendonca line (there are many) that you descend
from. Azores is helpful as is Gustine, Ca., but, again, you haven't listed
any names or data by which someone could determine any linkage. For the
sake of clarification, what was your 2GGF name? I have many Mendonca
ancestors, and, descendants, from the Azores, RI, HI and the west coast of
the US  - you may be descended from one of them, however, we can't tell w/o
a little more info.