The 1913 shiplist shows Francisco came to the US in 1906, and is returning
to his brother Jose Martins Cotta in Sanger, Fresno. Father is Jose Martins
Cotta in Biscoitos

I have no censuses for 1920 for this Cotta family

This was a very tricky family to sort out. I'm going to post what I have
for the group to see if anyone relates to these families, has worked on
related families, or just for a second look at things.

First, there are three Jose Martins Cotta who left Biscoitos, Terceira
within a few months in 1901. Two of those came to the Tulare, Kings, Fresno
area. Two of them had brothers named Francisco.

One of the fathers was Jose Martins Cotta, and one was Manuel Martins
Cotta.

I do not have draft notices that fit the two who appear on the 1910 census
in Kaweah, Tulare

I have no clear death record for Frank M Cotta.

I'll post a number of records in a few messages

Eric Edgar

*Descendants of Jose Martins Cotta*

*Generation No. 1*

*1.*  JOSE MARTINS2 COTTA*  (J**OSE** M**ARTIN*1*)*  He married MARIA B
ALBINA, daughter of JOSE OURIQUE and JOSEFA CONSTANCIA.

Children of JOSE COTTA and MARIA BALBINA are:

2.                i.    JOSE MARTIN3 COTTA, b. 19 Mar 1882, Biscoitos,
Terceira, Azores; d. 12 Jun 1961, Chino, San Bernardino, California.

                  ii.    FRANCISCO MARTIN COTTA, b. 21 Nov 1884, Biscoitos,
Terceira, Azores.

*Generation No. 2*

*2.*  JOSE MARTIN3 COTTA* (J**OSE** M**ARTINS*2*, J**OSE** M**ARTIN*1*)*
was born 19 Mar 1882 in Biscoitos, Terceira, Azores, and died 12 Jun 1961
in Chino, San Bernardino, California.  He married MARIA M CONCEIACO 12 Sep
1901 in Lowell, Massachucetts, daughter of JOSE CONCEICAO and JOSEFA.

Children of JOSE COTTA and MARIA CONCEIACO are:

                   i.    MARY M4 COTTA, b. 31 Jan 1903, Taunton, Bristol,
Massachucetts; d. 15 May 1990, Tulare. California; m. SOUZA.

3.               ii.    VELMA COTTA, b. 15 Mar 1910, California; d. 30 Jan
1971, Tulare. California.

4.              iii.    ROSE ALICE COTTA, b. 1913, California; d. 24 Sep
2014, Tulare. California.

*Generation No. 3*

*3.*  VELMA4 COTTA* (J**OSE** M**ARTIN*3*, J**OSE** M**ARTINS*2*, J**OSE**
M**ARTIN*1*)* was born 15 Mar 1910 in California, and died 30 Jan 1971 in
Tulare. California.  She married (1) MANUEL M COELHO 1923 in Tulare,
California.    She married (2) JOE G HUGHES 1933 in Reno, Nevada.

Child of VELMA COTTA and MANUEL COELHO is:

                   i.    EDWARD5 COELHO, b. 1926, California.

*4.*  ROSE ALICE4 COTTA* (J**OSE** M**ARTIN*3*, J**OSE** M**ARTINS*2*, J*
*OSE** M**ARTIN*1*)* was born 1913 in California, and died 24 Sep 2014 in
Tulare. California.  She married JOSEPH LEAL, son of LEAL and BORGES.  He
was born 08 Feb 1910 in Azores, and died 28 Dec 1999 in Tulare. California.

Children of ROSE COTTA and JOSEPH LEAL are:

                   i.    DOLORES5 LEAL.

                  ii.    LUCILLE LEAL.

                 iii.    IRENE LEAL.

                 iv.    MARY LEAL.