From: rfrancispimen...@comcast.net
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [AZORES-Genealogy] MT DNA U5 from Candelaria, Pico
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 10:54:13 -0500

Hi Nancy,There are some groups of mtDNA that are uncommon. Especially if they
are placed in an isolated situation as your U5. As for me on my mother’s
(French Canadian)side it is W3a2. At this point all French Canadian W3a2
matches go to a single person that immigrated there around 1600. My Dad is
L2a1c. While there is a large number worldwide there are very few in the
Acores. My great grandmother is K1a4a1 again not a common group in the Azores.
This makes things interesting when there is a match.  I am glad your testing
paid off Nancy.  Rick Richard Francis PimentelEpping, NH  From:
azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of nancy
jean baptiste