Hi Monica,  My paternal grandfather, Manoel Chaves, was born in Capelas and his
family was there back to at least 1600.  He lived on Rua do Anjo de Guarda,
near the little chapel.  The house was torn down and more houses were built on
the property.  I have a lot of Chaves, Sousa, and Mello Botelho from the
village.  Many came here and settled in Fall River, MA. area.

The birth, marriage and death records up to 1911, are all online at "Tombo.PT".
 You might try to search there.  If you run into any of mine, we can compare
notes.  Contact me at jude2647 at msn.com.  Best of luck.
Judi

Sent from my iPad