I don't think Terceria gets them like Sao Miguel and Faial, Pico and Sao
Jorge. Someone showed me the fault lines and there is one right through
Faial. In fact on the side of Pedro Miguel going into Horta there is a
large gash in the mountain. There is a strange looking empty space where
the terrain is totally different on each side of the gash. There are
also many ruins half standing on Faial from the 1998 earthquake. For all
the damage and loss of lives and injuries it was only Faial, Pico and San
Jorge that was hit. Terceria is known for mudslides more than earthquakes I
think. When I was staying in Porto Judeu last summer that's all people were
talking about all the damage the mudslides caused - houses slid off the
land flooding etc. They don't seem to have the earthquake issue like Faial
Pico and even Sao Miguel. I believe there is a list of all the natural
disasters the Azores has had on Wikipedia Azores earthquakes or Azores
natural disasters I forget now. When I lived in Calif Arleta,  Burbank and
Yucipia had tremors but we were used to a little tremor life went on as
usual. We had mudslides in February in Calif that were awful though.
Anywhere we live there is always something at risk it seems. Carolina was
tornadoes and hurricanes. RI Mass snowstorms and hurricanes some floods as
well. We humans are resilient and learn to cope.  :) I found the page -
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_disasters_in_the_Azores Looks like
1980 was the last one in Terceria.